REMEMBERING PIPPY...

I can't believe it's been an entire year since one of the absolute worst days of my life. Having to say goodbye to my precious kitty was the hardest thing I've ever been through. She had been my best friend since I was seven years old, and was for 18 years. I can't even put into words how I feel now that it's been an entire year since the last time I saw her and held her. The weeks that followed her death were some of the darkest days I've ever felt, and which I honestly wasn't prepared to experience. So to think that an entire year has since passed from that...I'm honestly at a loss. It almost doesn't feel real - like she wasn't even real, even though I know she was. It seems like it's been an eternity.



I've had signs from her and she's visited me in my dreams, so I'm comforted by knowing she's happy, healthy, and loved in Heaven. However, I am still tormented with "What Ifs?" and I probably always will be. I still drive myself crazy wondering if I made the right choice and if we really tried everything we could. But I will be forever grateful for what this little soul taught me about life - and death. She was such a blessing to have on Earth, and I'm honored to say that one of my guardian angels is my cat. I'm also humbled that she guided our hearts towards loving another...and I know the reason that sweet Little Ellie is our fur baby now is that the wonderful Miss Pippy made it so.


Here's to you, Pippy girl. Your spirit will always remain one of the brightest lights in our lives.













Comments