CREATING A HOME OFFICE

Within the past month and a half, I've become employed in the "freelance" aspect through two companies - a healthy lifestyle blog and a media branding company. I write blog content for one and run some social media accounts for the other. While neither one of this is full time, and very minimally qualify for part time, both come with the *dream perk* - if you will - of working from home while being able to earn some money.


I took a Facebook class in November that was focused on creating the year you want out of 2017. And, surely, after the past few year, I was willing to do anything to make sure that things would be positive, happy, and achievable for me in this new year. One of my homework assignments was creating what your dream life right now would be - and the thing that kept coming up over and over again for me was needing to make an income and wanting to work from home. The Facebook class also coincided with me deciding to take a break from job hunting because it was becoming so stressful and upsetting for me. Within a few weeks of both the class and the decision, the opportunity for both of the freelance jobs showed up. Maybe it's because I changed my approach, perhaps it's because I wrote it down and put it into the universe - but I believe everything happens for a reason. It still blows my mind how this all came to be when I was in the midst of feeling the most discouraged and desperate.

As I was in the interview processes, my husband had said that if I were to get the jobs, he'd buy me a new desk and chair since I'd be spending more time working at one. My previous desk was from middle school, and the chair was even older - both of which were breaking down. After I had signed the contracts, hubby said to pick something out - so I did some shopping! I ordered from the Wayfair website (we've previously used them for the two cat trees we purchased and loved it). Since we still live with my mom, we don't own a lot of our own furniture (two bedroom sets and now my desk and chair). So as we do acquire more pieces, we're trying to keep in mind how we want our future home to look.

I received my office set a few days ago, and I love everything about it. My mom also got me a keyboard cover, laptop carrying case and some fun Disney decals to help make my very old laptop more appealing while I work. ;P We rearranged our "Disney Room" (otherwise known as the spare room) to make it more functional as a home office while keeping it as media/guest room too. The best part was putting my desk by the window, and I can't wait to watch the seasons change as I'm working. A year ago, I never imagined I'd be sitting here now, doing something I love while working from home and earning money and experience that can only better my future. It's been surreal, humbling, and beautiful.










Comments