DISNEYLAND VISIT, PART TWO!

Day Two - A whole new world...at California Adventure!

Our second Disneyland day was spent entirely at California Adventure! A brand-new-to-us park with almost entirely new-to-experience rides! I was so excited to check out this second park since it’s not similar to any park at Walt disney world (*maybe* Hollywood Studios). We decided the best course of action was to start in the very back of the park and work our way forward, especially because of my husband's leg. The only complaint about the DAS I have is they need to be more consistent with it…some rides would give you times to return at their entrances, or other rides would make you walk halfway across the park to information stand for return times…very annoying and inconvenient. But at least they still had something that still accommodated my husband.



Here’s a list of the new rides we got to experience on our second Disneyland day, at California Adventure:

  • California Screamin’
  • Goofy’s Sky School
  • Mickey’s Fun Wheel
  • Silly Symphony Swings
  • Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
  • Radiators Springs Racers
California Adventure also had some rides that can be found in various Disney parks at Walt Disney World, such as The Tower of Terror, The Little Mermaid, and Soarin’. Hubby was feeling tired that day - I think all the walking we’d already done in California, plus it been over 100 degrees while we were at Disney was making for a slow day. We didn’t do the Golden Zephyr, King Triton’s Carousel, Luigi's Flying Tires, Grizzly River Run, or Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree because they were closed. We walked through A Bugs Land, which was so sweet to see but didn’t do any of the rides there either.

We ate at Carthay Circle Restaurant...another restaurant I'd wanted to eat at Disneyland, and we were able to walk up and get a table here too, which is so different from Walt Disney World! I tried the rose water specialty drink since roses are my favorite, but it was gross! Our waitress said that people either loved it or hated it and she stood there until I tried it to see if I'd like it. I did not, so she brought me some lemonade instead - haha! For lunch, husband had pot stickers, I had a burger (which I regretted because I really should have gotten something new and different and a burger is not new and different), and my mom got the ultimate beef sandwich…which her and my husband freaked out about for the entire rest of the day! Each time at Disney (whether in the Magic Kingdom or California Adventure or Downtown Disney), the cast members were so fantastic and would fill up our Hydro Flask water bottle with cold water. We appreciated that kind of hospitality, especially on those 100 degrees California days!

Husband LOVED Cars Land! He was most excited for that because cars are his favorite Pixar movie and he loves real life cars too. I was kind of on the fence about Radiators Springs Racers - I thought it was going to be like Soarin' where everyone in the entire world freaks out about it, but it really is just an okay ride…but, boy, was I wrong! It was AMAZING…I can honestly say that it was my favorite ride out of all of the Disneyland. It was everything I want out of a Disney ride - a good story, a fun ride and completely and totally immersive. Both husband and I, and my mom were totally in love with it and I would not be disappointed if they brought that ride to Walt Disney World. ;)

We saw the Pixar Play Parade during the afternoon, which was such a fun parade. We ended the day seeing the World of Color. There was a little drama when we were trying to see it…let’s just say it had to do with the Fast Passes and handicap seating. But we had this beautiful cast member who went above and beyond for us, and we were able to enjoy the show. Husband says the World of Color is his absolute favorite Disney projection show ever!



































































































Comments