DISNEYLAND VISIT, PART ONE!

Day One - Walt's Original Park, The Magic Kingdom!

What can I say about being in Walt's original park!? It was unbelievable - everything I could have hoped for. The moment that took my breath away was seeing the Firehouse, the place where Walt actually lived inside Disneyland. The light's still on, as always...and in a crazy way, Walt was with me while I was visiting Disneyland for the very first time. Walter is my biggest inspiration in life, and I always refer to him as my best friend, because we’re so alike that I really feel if he were alive we’d have been thick as thieves!



What I enjoyed the most was the opportunity to enjoy new-to-us disney rides! I have been to Walt Disney World so many times, and while I enjoy all those rides, I really liked getting to do never-before-ridden ones. It was so cool! What disappointed me the most was that Pirates of the Caribbean was closed - it’s my husbands favorite Disney ride ever, and the Disneyland version is fifteen minutes long! Also, the Alice in Wonderland dark ride was closed, as well as the fact that they don't do fireworks doing the week (they only do fireworks at Disneyland during the weekend because of noise ordinance). Also, a lot of the shows weren’t happening since it wasn’t quite tourist season yet, so we didn’t get to see Fantasmic or Mickey and the Magical Map. All things we wanted to do but will just have to wait until next time!

Our first day was spent entirely at the Magic Kingdom. We started out on Main Street USA, taking it all in! We immediately went to the Matterhorn because that was my biggest must do…and I hated it! It was so rough and really hurt my body and my head. I was so disappointed because I have dreamed of going on the Matterhorn my whole life! Then we spent our time exploring Fantasyland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, and Adventureland. We didn’t make it to Tomorrowland our first day, but we did get to see Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, and it was so fun!

Here’s a list of the new rides we got to experience on our first Disneyland day, at the Magic Kingdom:
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Casey Junior Circus Train
  • Mister Toads Wild Ride
  • Pinocchio's Daring Journey
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
  • Storybookland Canal Boats
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • Roger Rabbit Cartoons Spin
We had a cast member ride with us on the Indiana Jones Adventure ride, which was so cool. We also did all the other rides that we’d done before at Walt Disney World, such as the Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Peter Pan’s Flight. Along with Pirates of the Caribbean and Alice in Wonderland being down, we also didn’t get to do Sailing Ship Columbia, Gadget Go Coaster, It’s A Small World, and Pixie Hollow (which, for some reason, was closed the whole time we were there). It was our first time using the new disability program that Disney introduced - the DAS - and, while it wasn’t as accommodating at the GAC - it was decent, and it did help my hubby. 

We also were able to walk right up to the Blue Bayou Restaurant in New Orleans Square and get a table! I wanted to eat there so bad and was so surprised that they let us walk right on in! It was so neat inside. We had DELICIOUS Disney bread - husband, and I are obsessed with Disney bread. Husband had the Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya with a side salad, my mom had the Tesoro Island Chicken Breast with a side of Gumbo, and I had the Le Special de Monte Cristo sandwich. It was weird and amazing at the same time. We also got fun specialty drinks, Louisiana Lemonade, and Mint Julep. I'm so happy and thankful we got to eat there!

What I liked the most about Disneyland was how the characters were out and about, just walking around. You could see any number of characters at any time in Disneyland, whereas at Walt Disney World, you can only meet them in specific places at specific times. I think that’s what I liked best about Disneyland compared to WDW. There wasn’t a feeling of urgency or competition to get in line for a character. You’d just see them, and they’d be hanging around. A lot of times we actually just walked up to them, and didn’t have to wait in line at all! I will admit, ending the day at Disneyland by just walking out was weird. Not having fireworks to mark the end of a Disney day was unusual but, then again, you’re just driving through Anaheim and BAM! There’s a Disney park! Totally different from the remote Walt Disney World! :)

























































































Comments