WE’RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!

Disneyland...Walt's very first park. The park that encompasses just about everything he ever dreamed of. It’s something that has long been on my Disney wish list. I have been to Walt Disney World about nine times now, but I've never been to the west coast park. I've never had the chance to truly "Walk In Walt's Footsteps."

[[[ via ]]]
We’re taking a trip next month to Los Angeles, California. Of course, when we decided to take this trip, I immediately got it in my mind that maybe we could take a couple days and go to Disneyland. I mean, come on! If I'm going to be in Los Angeles for eight days (plus two days for travel), how can we not!?

It actually didn’t take a lot of convincing to hubby. He was all for it, especially with saying that it’s our early celebration of our one-year wedding anniversary. Last year, when we were on our Disneymoon, I had joked to hubby that we needed to go back to Disney the next year to celebrate our anniversary. He was like, “Yeah right!” So the fact that husband is totally up for going to Disneyland for a couple days and for it to be our early anniversary celebration makes me so so so happy. :)

[[[ via ]]]
I like to think I'm somewhat of a pro on Walt Disney World. I know so much history, trivia and the ins and outs of it. But when it comes to Disneyland, I only know what I've read. Of course, I consume anything having to do with Disney. But up to this point, when it’s come to the parks, I typically focused on Walt Disney World. It’s what I've known, and it’s where we’ve always gone. I have some knowledge on Disneyland, but I have been upping what I know by reading travel guides, watching the vacation planning video, and surfing the internet.

[[[ via ]]]
I just can’t WAIT. It’s been such a dream of mine and even if we’re only going for three days...the fact is that we’re going to DISNEYLAND! I promise you, I will probably cry the second we get there. Anytime anything has to do with Walt, I cry. We’re not doing any tours or making any dinner reservations, we’re going strictly just to enjoy being there and to go on some of the Disneyland exclusive rides that Walt Disney World doesn’t have - like the Matterhorn, Mister Toad's Wild Ride, Radiator Springs Racers, Mike and Sulley To The Rescue...and hubby is super excited to go on the Pirates of the Caribbean since it’s FIFTEEN minutes long (the one at WDW is only eight minutes).

Disney really means so much to me. We were watching the bonus features on the recently released Saving Mister Banks film, and I was balling my eyes out. I'd love to work for Disney someday. I want to continue to blog about Disney. I dream of writing books about Disney. My life is pretty dedicated to Disney (talk about brand loyalty, eh?;P). I always say Walt is my best friend because I just get him. And I feel like he gets me (even though he has no clue who I am because, you know, he’s not alive!). I just see so much of myself and my life in him and, like I always say, if it weren't for Walt following his dreams, I wouldn’t have my own dreams to follow. I can’t even imagine what my life would be like without Disney in it!

[[[ via ]]]
I'm a month out from checking off “Going To Disneyland” on my Disney wish list. The rest of the list looks like this:
  • Join the Disney Vacation Club
  • Travel the world with Adventures By Disney
  • Go on Disney Cruises
  • Visit Disneyland Paris
  • Visit  Tokyo Disneyland
  • Visit Hong Kong Disneyland
  • Visit Shanghai Disneyland
  • Go to the Disney Aulani Resort in Hawaii
  • Go to the Disney Vero Beach Resort in Florida
  • Go to the Disney Hilton Head Resort in South Carolina
[[[ via ]]]
Since we're so close to our next Disney trip, maybe it’s time to do the second round of our tradition we started last year - watching one Disney film every night for the entire month before we leave!

Comments