DISNEYMOON DAYS FOUR THRU SIX!

Day Four - Spending our time at Hollywood Studios 

Even though it's only a half day park, we spent a lot of time at Hollywood Studios this day. We started out the morning make sure that we got our picture in front of the Monsters University gate! I was so excited to see this. It was a beautiful and bright day, but hubby was having some trouble with his prosthesis, so as soon as we got into the park, we made sure to get a scooter for him to ride around on for the day. We certainly would have rather done this than have him wind up in the hospital half way through our trip! We immediately hit Tower of Terror first, one of our all-time favorite rides. Afterward, we went over to Rock ’N’ Roller Coaster, where hubs ran right into a wall when he was trying to park his scooter. It was so funny, I almost peed my pants laughing. I wish I would have had a video of it happening. We got in line for the ride, which wound up breaking down and we waited about twenty minutes in the heat for it to start back up...that wasn’t very enjoyable, but we eventually were able to get on.



After exploring that side of the park, we rode The Great Movie Ride and checked out One Man’s Dream - which always makes me cry. We were given stickers by a cast member while we were waiting for the film to start, who said we were “so freaking adorable she couldn’t stand it” (and I cant find them anymore, but I know we brought them home!). We also rode Toy Story Midway Mania for our very first time and fell in love! No wonder it’s so popular. We saw the Muppets 3D show since the husband is such a big fan of the Muppets and as we exited the show, we were right by Pizza Planet! we decided to eat lunch there since that’s all I could talk about that morning and it was so much fun. We made a pit stop at the Backlot Tour ride where, on the way, we passed Mike and Sulley! I was so excited and I couldn’t wait to meet them...except we weren’t allowed. As we were literally walking into line, they closed it and made us leave. I was so disappointed. The cast member said they had to go catch a university class and would be back in twenty minutes, but we didn’t want to wait that long in the rain.

We wandered around what was left of the park and decided to try out the Star Tours ride. I will never go on it again - it made me feel so sick and actually made me have a panic attack! I hadn’t had a panic attack since the night before our wedding (which was more of an anxiety attack because of how long I was freaking out for), but however that ride was made, it caused me to have one. Afterward, we had an hour until our dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, so we went into the stores that were around it and waited on a bench - this was before we learned that even if you show up an hour or so early for before your reservation, they sometimes let you in any way. I remember loving the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant when I was growing up - it was a “must eat” place for when my family would go...but when we went this time, as much as I loved the theme of the place, the food was just okay. I got a turkey club and fries, and I believe hubby had some kind of fish, and neither of us was super impressed. We did enjoy the appetizer of fried pickles, and the dessert of apple pie was amazing! After dinner, we went and did Tower of Terror again before calling it a day at that park.









































































Day Five - Morning at Animal Kingdom and evening at Magic Kingdom

Animal Kingdom is usually a half day park for us, so we did it in the morning and then went to the Magic Kingdom. We were so excited for this morning, though, because we had a character breakfast at Tusker House! We got in early before everyone else, and it was so crazy being in that particular park with it empty. It was so cool to see a lot of things you generally don’t notice when there’s an influx of people around you. We made our way to the restaurant where, who else was waiting to meet us?, but Donald! Hubs were super excited to see Donald again. Donald was being super flirty with me (said the character handler) and was having fun with us since we were honeymooners. We went inside and were seated and they served us something called “Jungle Juice” (clearly not the alcoholic kind) - it was seriously the most delicious breakfast juice I'd ever had. I can’t remember what was in it, but I would love to have the recipe. The breakfast was buffet style, and it was probably my most favorite meal we had. It was absolutely delicious, and they had tater tots, which I particularly enjoyed! I'm pretty sure we got one of everything.

As we were eating, other characters made their way around to see us. The first was Daisy, and she was so sweet. I told her it was my first time meeting her and she gave me extra hugs and gave hubby a kiss on the cheek! We then saw Mickey, who always makes me a nervous wreck. I get so excited to see him that I start freaking out and then once he’s there, I clammed up and don’t know what to say! Finally, we saw Goofy, who was funny and sweet. It was the first time we’d gotten to see him on this particular Disney trip! After breakfast, we did the Kilimanjaro Sarafi ride...which has always ever been “okay” to me. You’d think that in the morning when we went on it we’d of seen a lot of animals, more specifically cats...but no. Then we checked out the Animal Kingdom train since we’d never been on it and, afterwards, we made our way over to Expedition Everest. Finally, FINALLY, I was able to go on the long awaited ride - Dinosaur. I was so excited to go on it because the last time I rode it was in 1999, and every time I went to the parks since then (2009, 2010, 2011) it had ALWAYS been broken! We got in line, and I couldn’t contain my excitement until a cast member came around and said, you guessed it, that it was broken! Thankfully, it was only down for ten minutes, and finally, after all those years, I got to go on it again. I remember really loving the ride, but I never realized how scary it actually was. It’s also really dark, almost to the point of not being enjoyable. You’re not seeing any of the actual animatronics because it’s just black, and you’re being thrown around on a vehicle while someone is screaming at you to get out of there before the time machine closes. Toward the end of our time in Animal Kingdom, we headed over to "It's Tough To Be A Bug" 3D film, and afterward, we ran into Russell and Dug! I was so excited to meet these two characters because neither one of us had ever seen them before!

After Animal Kingdom, which we were done with around noon, we went back to our resort for a break then hopped on over to Magic Kingdom! Since our very first “park” day of our honeymoon was spent there but got cut short because of the weather and our exhaustion, we decided to spend the rest of our time there. When we had been there the first time, we started by going around to the left (which got cut short right as we got to the castle/Fantasyland). We had made it through Main Street USA, Adventureland, Liberty Square, Frontierland, and a third of Fantasyland before we left. This time, we started to the right so we’d at least get to do the entire park “once." We started with Main Street USA, which I always like to explore. Then we made our way to Tomorrowland - one of my favorite lands! The first thing we went on was Stitch’s Great Escape. I haven’t been on that ride since it changed names - the last time I'd ridden it, it was still “ExtraTERRORestrial.” I was excited because I have the weirdest and hugest obsession with Lilo and sSitch...but I'm sorry to say that the ride lived up to all the reviews I'd read. It really was not that great. I also got in trouble for taking a picture of the sign right inside the queue of the line that says “Galactic Federation.” Then we hopped over to the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, something we had never done either. It was a lot of fun but they kept picking the same four people from the audience to interact with, which was kind of a bummer.

As we left the ride, we saw that Buzz was out to meet and greet! We ran over there since neither of us had gotten to meet him before. We waited for about twenty minutes (ten of which were spent waiting around because Buzz went to take “a break”), and the cast member for some reason picked us out of everyone else to talk to the entire time we were waiting! She was so friendly and funny and we talked about marriage, Disney and all sorts of things. When Buzz was back, hubby walked up to him and pushed his button and went “Buzz, Buzz, Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!” (referencing a scene in the first Toy Story movie) and Buzz started laughing and pushing on husband’s “Just Married/Happily Ever After” button. Also, while in Tomorrowland, we made sure to do two of our favorite rides - Carousel of Progress and the Wedway People Mover (or Tomorrowland Transit Authority as it’s now called). Even though the People Mover is so different from how I remember it as a child, it’s still one of my “must do’s” every time I'm at the parks. We rode Space Mountain, too, where I got to be in the front of the car, but I never realized rough that ride was! Perfect timing, though, because it started another round of the afternoon torrential downpours while we were on it, so we hung around the gift shop waiting for it to finish. After the rain, we did the other half of Fantasyland that we’d missed - the updated Winnie the Pooh ride, the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, the Little Mermaid ride and checked out the Fantasyland updates. Even though we had been able to see it from our castle breakfast on the first day, we hadn’t actually had a chance to be down in it! Needless to say, I got quite a few souvenirs at the gift shop in Belle’s Village - we also had a fun snack and tried out LeFou’s Brew at Gaston’s Tavern!

We ended our night by watching the Electric Light Parade - my absolute favorite parade on earth. We stayed for Wishes and the fireworks which, of course, I cried at. Hubby bought me popcorn in a Dumbo bucket and finally, after years and years of hoping for one, a purple Mickey-eared balloon. It was pretty magical to be there that night with my HUSBAND and was probably the most romantic night of our honeymoon.

















































































































































Day Six - A day at Downtown Disney and a Cirque Du Soleil show

This day was set aside as a "rest" day. We were supposed to go to a water park, but we’re just not really water park people to begin with, plus it wasn’t hot enough where a water park was needed. So, we slept in and explored our resort instead! We went swimming in our resort’s pool...but that lasted about thirty minutes before we’d had enough! We also were supposed to go parasailing on this day as well, but we decided to cancel our reservations so we could sleep in...and it’s a good thing we called because they had apparently lost our reservations! So it all worked out in the end. After a relaxing morning, we headed to Downtown Disney for an afternoon of shopping, ate dinner at the T-Rex Restaurant and spent the evening at the Cirque Du Soleil show! There’s not much to say about this day - it was just a nice relaxing day with my husband, and we got to shop and see a show that we’ve wanted to see since forever. We really enjoyed ourselves at Cirque Du Soleil; we had front row seats and, of course, got popcorn!
















Comments

  1. We can go back to Disney now... I cannot wait to see the whole world with you my love! Our life is going to be one amazing adventure. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes PLEASE lets go back right this second! i miss it so much. :( i can't wait for all our traveling to begin. our life already is an amazing adventure. i love you. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment