WEDDING AFTERTHOUGHT!

Looking back on our wedding day, there is absolutely not one single thing I would change or hoped to have gone differently. It really was perfect, and I can only hope that other brides now and in the future get to have the perfect wedding day the way I did. Some people mock the idea of fairytales or say that fairytales give girls false hope or high standards. But when I talked about wanting to have a fairytale wedding or how I call my husband my prince...it’s not because I expect to have a perfect life and for nothing to go wrong. Things have gone wrong in mine, and my husband's life and I more certainly do not have a perfect life or even relationship for that matter. When I say fairytale, I mean I wanted to know that on my wedding day, I married the love of my life - that I dedicated myself to someone who isn’t going to break my heart. And that’s what I got. I got that “fairytale”...I got that “happily ever after”...but it’s not because I wished for it (but I did wish for it)...it’s because I worked incredibly hard to make it happen. 



Husband and I were together for almost six and a half years before we got married. We were in a long-distance relationship for two years, we were engaged for two years (and having long engagements isn’t always the easiest, but I'm so glad we did!). We’ve been through illnesses, deaths, divorces, disagreements...but we never once broke up. Because being together was worth it and fighting for each other was worth it. And after everything we’ve been through together, we deserve to have our fairytale. Because we worked for it and WE made our fairytale happen - WE made our happily ever after come true.

We got everything we could have hoped for, wished for, planned for, and prepared for on the day we got married. We started dating on 03.03.07 and got married on 07.13.13. We have dedicated ourselves to each other from the beginning and now we are FINALLY our own family. He is my soulmate, and I am so lucky and so blessed to have found him so early in life that I get to spend the rest of my years with him. I hope we live for a really long time because I don’t want to miss a second this life has to offer with him by my side. He’s my best friend, my angel, my heart. I cannot believe that I got to marry this guy...in high school, he was the “cool rebel, ” and I was the “bookworm nerd” and who would have thunk that we’d of ended up together? But it’s like my dad said in his speech at our reception, “You two aren’t perfect...but you’re perfect for each other.”

Our fairytale wedding was a dream come true. I wish that anyone embarking on this thing called marriage finds that too. I hope anyone getting married is doing it for all the right reason and that all their dreams for their wedding day come true. As my brother (the best man) said in his speech at our reception, “To love, laughter and happily ever after!” I've found my happily ever after. I can’t wait to see what life holds for us. It’s not always going to be easy or fun. It’s going to get tough and hard and dark...but with this amazing hubby of mine by my side, it’s going to be the most beautiful life I could have ever asked for.






















Comments