WEDDING CAPTURED MOMENTS!

The formal photos from our wedding day have me with mixed emotions. While I love the pictures we have and our photographer was amazing, we certainly didn’t get as many as I'd of liked. Looking back, there’s definitely some different things I'd of like captured (like the wedding party on the steps in front of the church!). We had a schedule for how the day was supposed to go...and it went exactly according to plan. But I didn’t expect that it would feel like we didn’t get enough pictures, formal or otherwise. While we did get enough in the grand scheme of things, of course I'd of liked to have had more taken. We gave up dancing at our reception and visiting with our guests in order to get more pictures and it still doesn't feel like enough.

I can’t complain too much, though, because we did work with excellent vendors who went out of their way to go with my husband and me to visit my grandma (who’d had a stroke and couldn’t attend the wedding) just so she could see us in our wedding attire and we could get pictures and videos of that moment. THAT makes up for everything else - working with compassionate people who understood that seeing my grandma that day was important and followed us to where we needed to go.



I have looked at our pictures a thousand times. I love them all. I love how the colors go together, I love how everyone looks. I love seeing how happy people were that day. For all the wrong things in life that happen to anyone, on our wedding day we genuinely felt happy and in love and it seemed that everyone else felt it too. We’re so glad people set aside their differences - whatever they may be - to make sure that on our wedding day everything went smoothly, everyone stayed happy and joyful, and that we felt loved by all those who spent our day with us.

I can’t repeat enough how much I am so glad we have pictures and videos of our wedding day...it is so important and so amazingly wonderful to be able to relive that day over and over again. It seemed like that day wound never come and, just like that, it happened and is gone! But the pictures, videos, and the memories will last forever.






























































Comments

  1. your ring is absolutely gorgeous! would you mind me asking (if you know) where he got it from?! also love your blog, and all your posts i feel the true emotion you put into all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, thank you so much! i really appreciate your kind words. sorry for taking so long to get back to you - i just now realized i had a comment on this post. i haven't figured out how to get alerts for new comments yet. :P i don't have a lot of time between school and work. but yes, we got it from diamond nexus. here's the website for the company: http://www.diamondnexus.com - they're actually the people responsible for the jewelry in the miss (america/universe) pageants. they're a very green/ecofriendly company and we love getting our jewelry from there. my diamond earrings, my engagement ring and wedding band and my husbands wedding band all came from there.

      Delete
    2. thank you so much for the reply! i will definitely check out the site!

      Delete

Post a Comment