WEDDING PLANNING

There's exactly 74 days until I get to marry my best friend. I can't believe it's so soon - we've been planning this wedding for almost two years (we got engaged on 05.29.11). After we were first engaged, it literally felt like a lifetime away until our marriage, and now we're only weeks away!


A lot of people have said that by the time the wedding gets here, I'd be sick and tired of planning for it. How wrong could they be! I have absolutely loved every minute of it and, while I'll be so happy to finally be married, I'll be sad that the planning process is over. It's been a wonderful experience, and if it weren't for the fact that I'm not willing to give up my weekends for someone else, I would definitely go into wedding planning! I am so excited to see our wedding come together. While we've had some bumps along the way, we have been so so so blessed to get everything we've wanted.


We've been planning for two years for a few reasons: we weren't ready to get married at the age we got engaged at, we both wanted to be done with college (I'll have only one semester left after our wedding), we needed to save some money, we wanted to enjoy the short moment in life that is "engagement," and we didn't want to be rushed. Because we took two years to plan, we were able to get the first selection of everything: venue, photographer, cake, flowers, etc. We also were able to get 2011 and 2012 prices on some of the vendors we booked with since we booked so far in advance!


We have been completely done with planning since December of 2012. So thus far in 2013, we've spent our time wrapping up loose ends, such as reconfirming with all our vendors (just to make sure). I don't like assuming something is set in stone until it's the day of. I'd rather be annoying and have the vendors show up than not be annoying and not have them there. We also have been making almost all the decorations, so the past year has been fun with that - shopping for everything we need to designing and putting together our centerpieces. This fairytale inspired wedding has been swirling around in my head for two years, and I just can't wait to see it in real life.


I also bought my wedding dress in October of 2011...and, yes, my dress hung in my mom's bedroom from October 2011 until February 2013 when we finally took it in to get alterations! My fiance, mom, and I went right before (yes, I said before!) we got engaged for me to try on the Alfred Angelo Disney dresses. I knew I'd never be able to afford them, but I couldn't not put them on, so they took me to the closest store, and I got to play dress up. However, when my mom and I seriously went wedding shopping, my fiance wasn't there, and I put on two dresses before I put on the third and final one. The lady who was helping me asked if it was "the one" and I said yes to the dress! The one I wound up getting was a third of the cost of the Disney ones and just as breathtaking, poofy, and princessy. 


These pictures were from two years ago when I was 20 years old, and it was right after I got gravely ill, so I am really skinny and fatigued looking in them. That doesn't mean it was any less fun trying them on! If anything, in encouraged my healing. ;P All in all, wedding planning couldn't have gone better for us and it was such a joy for fiance and I to work on together. We will have our dream wedding, that's for sure!

Comments