LIFE LIST ACHIEVEMENTS

Sometimes when you see the things other people have done, achieved, and accomplished in their life, you can feel a little dumbstruck...like, "Why hasn't that happened to me? Why haven't I been able to do that?"


I was actually thinking about this the other day when I was daydreaming about how much I want to become a published novelist. That is my ultimate dream - to just write. Write on a blog, write a book...it's what I've wanted to do since I was seven years old. I decided that instead of worrying about what others had done, I'd make a list of all the amazing experiences I have had thus far in my life. In no particular order, of course.

When I look back at the awesome things in my life, which are the things that make MY life, I don't feel so bad. I just have remember that God knows what He's doing and that my life is my life, not someone else's.
  • Climbed a pyramid in Mexico
  • Zipped lined through the jungles of Sint Maarten
  • Cruised through the Caribbean
  • Visited Walt Disney World multiple times in my life
  • Rode a real camel
  • Snorkeled through a coral reef
  • Explored a real pirate castle
  • Met the man of my dreams while we were still in high school
  • Getting engaged
  • Was an academy dancer for fifteen years (jazz, Irish step dancing, tap, ballet...)
  • Went white water rafting in West Virginia
  • Having been an Honorable Mention at the Scholastic Art Show my senior year of high school for my multimedia design
  • Being a published poet locally, nationally and internationally
  • Meeting celebrities - Paige O'Hara (Belle from Beauty and the Beast!), Margaret Kerry (Tinkerbell from Peter Pan!) and Bill Farmer (the voice of Disney's Goofy!)
  • Flying on an airplane by myself the first time I ever went to visit fiance in florida when I was 18 (I was terrified)
  • Found out that sports were NOT for me after hating the one year I spent at softball, baseball, soccer, cheerleading (although I really did enjoy gymnastics for the few years did it, until I ultimately decided dance was more for me)
  • Won an all expensive paid trip plus a $1,000 shopping spree to New York City
  • Had a nervous breakdown - in all honesty, one of the BEST things that ever happened to me. It completely changed my life and made me such a better person, and I'm so much happier now because of it
  • Going to college (fully paid for - no student loans for me!)
  • Graduating high school with high honors and a member of the National Honor Society and the National Society of High School Scholars
  • Graduated college - the first time! - with my Associate's of Science Degree in Multmedia
  • Did a huge presentation my senior year of high school in front of 65+ people on why I wanted to grow up to become a writer...and getting an A on it!
  • Being a member of Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Phi Omega and Lambda Phi Eta in college
  • Haven been able to go on a vacation (almost) every year...I've been to the beach, I've been to the mountains, I've been to the desert...
  • The first vacation I ever took with fiance (and my mom!) to Washington D.C...my favorite city ever!
  • Sending a wedding invitaiton to President and First Lady Michelle Obama and receiving a letter back!
  • Writing a letter in elementary school to President Clinton and being one of the few students to actually get a letter back!
  • Seeing John Glenn (one of my favorite people ever) go to space the second time
  • Seeing Disney on Ice, Disney Macig Show, Beauty and the Beast The Broadway Musical and The Nutcracker Ballet on stage
  • starting a serious blog... ;)



Comments

  1. Lucky girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blessings in my life have had their equal share of disappointments! but i am grateful for all the experiences i've had.

      Delete

Post a Comment